We provide the following valuable assistance, free of charge, to all downtown businesses:
- Free, comprehensive business listings on our website, complete with a link to your website or Facebook page, and your location marked on a map!
- Our new online calendar listing is user-friendly for business owners and community organizations. Click here to submit your event, music entertainment schedule, meeting, or workshop. It will be posted on our website after review.
- Our e-newsletter is delivered to over 7,000+ recipients, 6 times per year! It promotes events and all that Downtown Apalachicola has to offer as a year-round destination.
- We use social media to promote businesses, sales, new merchandise, live music schedules, restaurant specials, and events.
- Our Downtown Cleanups harness the power of volunteers to remove trash, sweep sidewalks, clean streets, and make everything look as spiffy as possible.
- Main Street-sponsored special events and investment in advertising promote Apalachicola and draw customers into the Downtown Business District. Our signature events are the award-winning July 3 Fireworks Show and the Autos & Oysters Car Show.
- We partner with the City to implement landscape and streetscape improvements that beautify downtown.
- We are working to update the maps in the three downtown kiosks with up-to-date business listings to make it easy for customers to find you.
- Our new brochure marketing local meeting and reception venues will be out soon, drawing large groups throughout the year.
- We light up December nights with holiday lights, which are shown to encourage shopping by setting the holiday mood.
- Forums for business owners, co-hosted by Apalachicola Main Street, the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce, and the Franklin County Tourist Development Council are in the planning stages. The goal is to provide an opportunity to discuss challenges and develop cooperative solutions. Stay tuned for details!
…And more. Main Street is a dedicated to promoting the Downtown District. We are here for you! If you have ideas or need assistance, please let us know!